Monday, July 16, 2007

US Passports

Sharon and I were just talking about how my passport expires next year. In case you haven't kept up, it looks like US passports now takes 10-12 weeks for the typical renew (not including the time in the mail). Of course, you can pay another $60 to have it expedited to 2-3 weeks instead. For me, since I'm staying in Taiwan for a couple of weeks, I'm going to see if I can get it renew while aboard -- where the "typical" processing time is 2 weeks.

Anyways, Don't procrastinate!

http://travel.state.gov/passport/get/first/first_831.html

TIP:
When traveling aboard, I usually make a (color) photocopy of my passport so I can carry that around instead. You're suppose to carry your passport with you at all times, but sometimes, it's not safe or practical to do so. A photocopy is better than nothing. Lastly, a photocopy will be helpful if the real thing is lost or stolen.

No comments: